Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Truth. ( Or Age And Disappointment. )

My brain was saying George Clooney, the mirror said freak!
So I came back to the table, my confidence shattered, where the most gorgeous woman was still waiting. To my surprise.
Gorgeous, fine, but direct.
" So tell me the truth. What do you want?"
I've been searching for the truth since I was 14 and I have never known what I have wanted. " To tell you the truth I don't know what I want and the truth is mostly unbelievable. I want ultimate truth. But I'm just as guilty about lying to everyone else so I'm not surprised that the truth doesn't present it's self. But if you want to know the truth of the way I think then you have to follow the Strummer/Weller and the Vonnegut/Bukowski train of thought.

The poor girl was only 24 and she wanted so much to understand. She stood no chance. I was obviously out of my depth. And she was doing her best.

" But what do you want right now?" she asked.
" The truth is that I want you to go away."
" Sorry?"
" No, don't be. Just go away. The truth is that you're too intrusive".
She got up with an indignant look, pulled on her coat and left without another word.
And the truth is that is just what I wanted.
But she was gorgeous!
I don't remember how I got home.
But I did.

No comments: