Tuesday, October 31, 2006

D and H. Chapter Two.

Danielle owned an art gallery. It sounds impressive but it was actually a very low budget affair. She worked so hard to make it a success. She did everything from the books to the cleaning. She loved it. It was her reason for living. Sometimes she was poor and other times she was well off but she couldn't of cared less either way. Money was not the object of her passion. Mostly she was helping out friends and acquaintances, but then again she had quite a clique of friends. Hangers-on were also welcome. I met her at a party at the gallery which had been open a year or something. I was the friend of a friend.
She stood out in misty blue satin. At first, at a distance at least, it seemed she had an aura that everyone was afraid of and yet at the same time warmly drawn to. Enchanting. Wild dyed red hair, milk skin, bright brown eyes hinting madness. She swore she knew me from somewhere but couldn't place me though she was wrong. She held my arm lightly as we spoke for the first time as though it was the most natural of things to do. She kissed my cheek softly when I left , as if to say " I do know you.".
After a month we were seeing each other as good friends once or twice a week and six months later we became lovers.
She wore colours then. She unconsciously wore more black, grey and white as time wore on. But always deep blood red lipstick. I think we only had one thing in common then. We both thought that life was a joke.
THE JOKE WAS ON US . !

( Part 3 tomorrow. )

No comments: